Spring Forward




We wait all season long for the summer light to return to us, right our lagging clocks (for some reason we never adjust ours so only half of the year they feed truth) and stretch our days a little longer but ever since the time change last weekend I feel like I'm stumbling two steps behind on just about everything in my life. No matter how hard I try our nights keep going too late and I'm stuck dragging the boys in the morning, to wake and feed them in time for school. Not usually a feat I'm faced with. We've been late twice this week and in the midst of this scattered schedule, I just can't seem to find a groove.

What I do know is there is a new, powerful piece by Ina Shry on The Ma Books this morning that I wish everyone would read. And that the warm weather is soothing in spite of the chaos I'm weighed by. Our beach days are closer now than last month and as much heart ache that came attached to hearing we didn't get the house we fell so hard for a couple weeks ago, the idea of spending part of a stressless summer lounging seaside in our old RV is keeping my sights up. It's what I was looking forward most about selling our house in Spring. So as much as I want to believe that the "right" house is in our near future, the idea of letting go and trusting fate will prevail means we can soak up the fleeting time we have parked on the sands we love most. As it's proved for over a decade now the very best remedy for want.

Tomorrow, I have a fun, light hearted post to share here recounting a piece of our treasured past that many of you will (most likely) relate to. Until then, two of my favorite shots from the photo shoot in Palm Springs with the irresistible Yan Palmer a few weeks back. Planning on sharing more from that later but signing off to catch my breath and find my footing here in the meantime.




Xo,
J

Labels: ,